One of my favorite locations for Nashville engagement photography is definitely Arrington Vineyards. Not only does it lend great views of the rolling hills in the background, you really can’t go wrong with vineyards for photo session backdrops! This session was a photographer’s dream, and Camden and Josh were the perfect models! After dodging storms all day, they were happy to still do the session even with a chance it could get rained out. Here are 5 engagement photography session tips for the newly engaged:
- What to wear? I always tell my couples to bring two outfits; one more dressy/formal and the other more casual. Starting with the more casual outfit helps you to get comfortable in front of the camera before the formal one!
- Location- Choose somewhere that incorporates what you love to do as a couple. Do you love to hike? Take your photographer to your favorite hiking trail! That way you can look back on these photos and remember this stage of your lives and it will make the photos more special.
- Got pets? Bring them! Pets are people too, and add a fun element to your session! Always have someone else available to watch your furry friends for the rest of the session if they won’t be in all of the photos.
- Save the Dates: if you plan on doing save the date cards with photos from your engagement session, keep in mind they usually go out 6 months in advance. When planning your session, keep that in mind!
- Hair and makeup: Ladies, go get pampered! Photos are forever, so this is a great time to get your hair and makeup professionally done. It makes a huge difference in photos, and also is an opportunity for you to test out potential hair and makeup artists for your wedding!
Most of all, have fun! Years down the road, these photos are great to look back on this exciting time and celebrate your love and upcoming marriage!
Smith Studios Photography is a Nashville photographer that specializes in engagement photography, wedding photography, elopement photography, and portraits. Serving the areas of Nashville, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Spring Hill, Clarksville, Lebanon, Smyrna, and available for destination weddings worldwide.
Nashville wedding photographer | Nashville photographers | engagement photography Nashville Tn | Murfreesboro wedding photographers |Nashville newborn photographer | Nashville family photographers |newborn photographers Murfreesboro | newborn photographer Franklin | Murfreesboro family photographers | Franklin family photography |Newborn photographer Franklin